This year marks the 40th Anniversary of the 1st gay pride held in July 1972 in Britain- led by the Gay Liberation Front (GLF).
In this highly symbolic year, the city hosted its 1st Wolverhampton and Black Country Pride on 29 July 2012 (organised by the LGBT Network Wolverhampton) and we had Peter Tatchell, who was a member of the GLF marching with us.
It was amazing to see staff and students working together on this exceptional day. The Student LGBT + Society , the Staff Network of the University of Wolverhampton , and our straight allies marched together in solidarity to celebrate Pride as well as to demand equality.
It was wonderful to have had the support of a number of city councillors, the Registrar of the University, Helen Lloyd Wildman, and the two Wolverhampton MPs – Pat McFadden and Emma Reynolds. Thanks everyone for making this event a success.
- UoW LGBT History Month 2014 Event
- Trans Comedy Award BBC writersroom / Trans Comedy | Deadline: February 28, 2013
- LGBT History Month Event
- UoW LGBT History Month events 2013
- Rainbow Film Festival, LGBT History Month 2013 Screenings, 16th February 2013 at The Hive
- Student World Aids Day Poster Display
- Certificate of Appreciation
- Wolverhampton and Black Country Pride 2012
- Wolverhampton & The Black Country LGBT Pride Sunday 29th July 2012
- Birmingham LGBT Community Trust
- Boot Women
- Gender Matters
- How to be LGBT friendly
- Lesbian & Gay Switchboard West Midlands
- Midland LGBT Employees’ Network
- Rainbow Voices
- Terrence Higgins Trust
- The Transgender Zone
- University of Wolverhampton LGBT Staff Network Home Page
- University of Wolverhampton Students Union Diversity Committee